- Promoting access beachside / lakeside areas.
- Fundraise and assist the youth of the area to plan and build a skate park.
- Consult the community – please see our survey section.
- A beachside rock pool has been agreed to by Shoalhaven Council.
- Upgrade the boat-ramp at Crookhaven Headland
- Promote a flying fox from Crookhaven Headland to the Lighthouse walk.
The Culburra Beach Progress Association Inc has been consistent in its approach to Shoalhaven Council to improve the roads in the area. The main road in and out of Culburra Beach is a project that the council has placed on its agenda in the long term.
Members have also suggested that cycleways marked on the existing roads would link the area to other points of interest. Orient Point has recently had shared footpaths and cycleways provided to Crookhaven and along Park Row.
Main Road 92 Upgrade, Nowra to Nerriga project should facilitate the Culburra Beach area being a destination for many travelers from the Canberra Region.
A new four span concrete bridge near Bulee Gap and high retaining walls have been constructed to conserve the “beehive” rock formations and colonial features in the Bulee Heritage Area at the western end of Morton National Park.
Major Paul Green attended the Culburra Beach Progress Association Meeting on the 2nd of September 2009 and assured members that drainage works are a priority and it is great to see work well underway in the new year. The Management Plan shows the next stage to be Brighton Parade, Fern Way, Orient Point Point Road, Penguin Head Road and Silvermere Street.
Culburra Beach Youth Skate Park Project
For more info click https://www.culburrabeach.org.au/projects/youth-committee/ to visit the youth projects page