The Culburra Beach Progress Association was formed in the 1990’s to assist is progressing the area and furthering the vision of Sir Walter Burleigh Griffin for Culburra as a regional centre to surrounding satellite townships.
Promoting Services to the area including:
- Community Medical Transport.
- Beautification of the Shopping area.
- The Community Centre on Culburra Road.
- Lake Wollumboola Park area.
- Tilbury Cove Park, toilets and play area.
- Monthly Markets – 1st Sunday of the month.
- Culburra Beach Bugle – Bi-monthly newsletter.
- Establishing “the blockhouse” adjoining the lighthouse as a nursery for the area.
Signage include the Lighthouse walk / whale watching / kite- surfing areas.
The Progress Association recently refurbished the sign at the entrance way to the Culburra Township at the expense of the Culburra Beach Progress Association Inc. in conjunction with the Orient Point Progress Association Inc.
This project compliments the work being done by the Culburra Beach Chamber of Commerce Inc., who are in the process of providing additional signage on the Princes Highway and working toward beautification of the entrance way to the township.