The national broadband network has been rolled out out in Culburra Beach and Orient Pt.
How to connect to the NBN network
- Check how you use the internet between 7pm and 11pm, including how many devices are in use and how they are being used
- Select the right plan with the help of your phone or internet provider.
- A list of nbn retail providers can be found here
- Connect to an nbn powered plan and get set up with the help of your provider who can provide tips on where to put your modem and more.
Questions to ask your provider:
- What plan would you suggest for me?
- Do you charge any additional installation fees?
- Can I keep my current home phone number and email address?
18 month disconnection
- Once an area becomes ready for service, premises in that area will have 18 months to make the switch to nbn.
- Nbn provides direct mail information five times over the 18 month period to ensure people are informed.
Other important information
If you use any of the following equipment, contact the provider/manufacturer to check that it will work over the nbn access network, or whether you’ll need to find an alternative solution.
Monitored fire and security alarms
- Medical alarms, autodiallers and emergency call buttons.
- Fax machines and TTY devices.
- Register your medical alarm at 1800 227 300 or nbn.com.au/medical
Some useful LINKS
- PC Magazine - The best wireless - "CLICK HERE
- Finder Router Comparisons - "CLICK HERE"
- Cadget Australia best NBN Ready Routers - "CLICK HERE
- How to get the most out of your WIFi "CLICK HERE"
NBN Co has launched an awareness drive across Australia as call to the company’s contact centre about suspected scams reach in excess of 9,500 enquiries over the past quarter, at an average of 100 per day.
If someone claiming to work for nbn has contacted you trying to sell you an internet or phone service and you’re in doubt, ask for their details, hang up and call your retail service provider to check they are legitimate.
Do not share your bank or personal details with an unsolicited caller or with those who door knock claiming to be from nbn trying to sell you an nbn service or seek payment for related services.
nbn approved technicians and workers carry identification cards – always request to see this card before providing access to your address.
Never give an unsolicited caller remote access to your computer via the installation of programs such as Team Viewer.
nbn does not call you with automated assistance to advise you will be disconnected – suggest you hang up the phone.
NBN Co is a wholesaler – you will need to purchase an nbn powered plan through a phone or internet provider.
NBN Co only accept direct payment from the public in certain circumstances – e.g. switched technologies at your premises.
Visit NBN Co’s website for further information on how to identify and avoid potential scammers.
A video on the topic of scams can be found here - https://lion.app.box.com/s/nrfie1t83sotv4lcw7i6lgyvowmsmrlk